This module implements the User and Role system of an application;
- Built on the Microsoft's ASP.NET Core Identity library.
- Manage roles and users in the system. A user is allowed to have multiple roles.
- Set permissions in role and user levels.
- Enable/disable two factor authentication and user lockout per user.
- Manage basic user profile and password.
- Manage claim types in the system, set claims to roles and users.
- Setting page to manage password complexity, user sign-in, account and lockout.
Roles page is used to manage roles in the system. A role is a set of permissions assigned to the users.
You can create a new role or edit a role in this page:
- Default roles are assigned to new users by default.
- Public roles are visible to other users.
You can manage permissions of a role:
- A permission is an action of the application granted to roles and users.
- A user with a role will inherit all the permissions granted for the role.
- Any module can define permissions. Once you define a new permission, it will be available in this page.
- Left side is the list of modules. Once you click to a module name, you can check/uncheck permissions related to that module.
You can set custom claim values for a role:
Claim types are retrieved from the claim list defined in the Claim Types Management page (see below).
Users page is used to manage the users in your system.
You can create a new user or edit an existing user in this page:
- A user can have zero or more roles in the system.
- You can set two factor verification and user lockout settings per user.
A user has union of the permissions of the assigned roles. Identity module also allows to grant extra permissions to a specific user.
You can also set custom claim values for a user:
Claim types are retrieved from the claim list defined in the Claim Type Management page (see below).
Claim Type Management
Identity module allows to define custom claim types.
- Custom claims can be used to store additional information to a user or role.
- Custom claim values then can be accessed in the application code for an authenticated user.
- Claim Types are also used by the Identity Server module if you're using it.
Identity Module Settings UI
Identity module adds a new tab to the Settings page to customize the behavior on runtime.